Novasep operates multipurpose production workshops and plants from pilot scale to commercial scale.
We can deliver volumes from kilogram to thousands of tons per year.
Reactions can be operated from -60°C up to 250°C and under a pressure of up to 6 bars for hydrogenation, carbonylation and other reactions involving a gas.
Our facilities are also equipped with off-gas and waste treatment on site or mutualized within a local chemical platform for a responsible and cost-effective treatment of wastes.
Novasep is a world leader in hazardous chemistry as well as industrial scale chromatography. We also offer a wide range of organic chemistry at large scale (coupling reactions, bromination, azide chemistry, diborane chemistry, diazomethane chemistry, oxidation, nitration, carbonylation, CS2 chemistry, low-temperature reactions, etc.).
Our specific equipment includes multi-purpose plants equipped to run a large range of hazardous chemistries including: azide chemistry to produce nitrogen rich compounds and a broad range of heterocycles; a gas dispersion agitator for high transfer rate in gas reactions; as well as ATEX T6 equipment for explosive gas and carbon disulfide. We are also equipped to use and produce odorous substances.
- SS/GL in various sizes
- Standard operating temperatures from -15 – 145 °C
- Overall capacity for fine chemicals >450 m3
- Gas dispersion agitators
- Reactors specially designed for highly energetic reagents (azide chemistry)
- Atex T6 Equipment (CS2)
- Several reactors for cryogenic reactions at -40 °C, -60 °C and -80°C
- Sulzer-type structured columns with up to 30 NTP
- Fractionation columns
- Thin-film/short-path distillation
- Distillation up to 240°C
- Proximity to custom solvent recycling company
Filtration and drying
- Centrifuges (SS, Titanium, Halar, Ebonit, Hastelloy)
- Pressure nutches, filters and filter dryers (Hastelloy, Stainless Steel)
- Dryers in stainless steel and glass lined
- On-site incineration for off gas and liquid waste treatment
- Responsible and cost-effective waste treatment via local chemical platforms
- Tank farms, some specialized (e.g. for storage of NaCN in solution)
- Bulk handling of solvents and liquid raw materials (truck/train)
- Dry break coupling technology
- AlCl3 storage and charging tower for Friedel Crafts Reactions
- Special storage tanks for Br2
- Packaging units for liquids and solids